Prayers to the God-husks | In-World in Cathedris Discussion Boards | World Anvil

Cathedris Themesong

Tue, Oct 12th 2021 09:20   Edited on Mon, May 22nd 2023 12:37

Prayers to the God-husks

To all ye faithful of the old gods, the ones who once commanded the world but now trudge brokenly across its shattered surface, offer to them your prayers and hopes, your questions and inquiries!   From within the twisted minds of the behemoths we toil under may come advice, wisdom, or answers you know not. All responses, of course, shall be interpreted by our most well experienced Entheologists -- yet, still delivered to you as if it were the God-husk themselves uttering those words.   Unsure of who you want to ask? Take a look at all God-husks available to talk to here:
God-husks
Species | Jan 3, 2024

An overview of the gigantic beings that were once the gods of Cathedris; now reduced to broken husks that mindlessly wander and destroy.

Tue, Oct 12th 2021 09:23

VICTORY SHALL GO TO THE EAGER, THE READY, THE WILLING. FIRST OF THE KNIGHTS, AND FIRST TO SUCCEED, IF YOU WANT GLORY IN LIFE YOU MUST TAKE IT FOR YOURSELF.
Tue, Oct 12th 2021 09:54   Edited on Tue, Oct 12th 2021 10:03

I just want to ask He'an if they still love us. ❤️
Tue, Oct 12th 2021 10:03   Edited on Wed, Oct 13th 2021 12:08

# In reply to SolarCat02's:
I just want to ask He'an if they still love us. ❤️
Through all your trials and triumphs, forever...   There is nothing that will ever change my love for you all...
Wed, Oct 13th 2021 12:08

# In reply to He'an's:
Through all your trials and triumphs, forever...   There is nothing that will ever change my love for you all...
You coddle them.
Wed, Oct 13th 2021 06:17   Edited on Wed, Oct 13th 2021 06:43

I would like to ask Sharenskus what they believe the best creature of the sea is, in his opinion.
Wed, Oct 13th 2021 06:43

# In reply to Serukis's:
I would like to ask Sharenskus what they believe the best creature of the sea is, in his opinion.
As are the tides, so too is my opinion; ever changing, but with consistency.   Today my opinion is as thus; the flowers of the sea are most beautiful.   They are small fish with extravagant fins, long extinct in your time; in mine I cultivated them, and they flourished.   During the dark nights at sea they'd rise to the surface; their fins flashing iridescently in the starlight.
Mon, Nov 1st 2021 01:20

# In reply to Sharenskus's:
As are the tides, so too is my opinion; ever changing, but with consistency.   Today my opinion is as thus; the flowers of the sea are most beautiful.   They are small fish with extravagant fins, long extinct in your time; in mine I cultivated them, and they flourished.   During the dark nights at sea they'd rise to the surface; their fins flashing iridescently in the starlight.
FISH?   YOU PICKED FISH?   COME TO MY DOMAIN WHERE YOU'LL SEE GREAT FURRED BEASTS WITH CLAWS LARGE ENOUGH TO TEAR ANCIENT TREES IN TWO.
Tue, Nov 2nd 2021 03:22

Of the things Qur created, what was he most proud of?
Fri, Nov 5th 2021 06:23

# In reply to Cthethan's:
Of the things Qur created, what was he most proud of?
Anything with which you humans gain inspiration and personal drive to persevere in your own creative endeavors.   I once crafted a most exquisite affront to physics as a whole -- a mountain range, seemingly impossibly crafted, with massive peaks towering so high they seemed to cover the stars. It forced the entire area to feel as if you were within a deep underground cave. Most mortals who looked upon this creation of mine went mad within moments, with the majority of them perishing.   But those who survived -- why, they created the most wondrous art of their own.
Fri, Apr 1st 2022 10:41

Speak, o' Dimiti, of your Silence; of a time when fiery passions ran unchecked but balance prevailed through your guidance.
Sat, Apr 2nd 2022 08:31

There was rage, unchecked.   Trust, broken.   Communications halted.   It, as everything often does, came down to a total lack of understanding. The guilty party knew not of which they spoke, and thus damages were the result. The innocent compounded on those damages, resulting in the situation deteriorating yet more.   The crime itself matters not, for it was the reactions to it that truly elevated it to something I needed to reside over. And so I did. With silence I watched, and in the quiet I judged. I let my presence be known by all, but I did not make a sound nor a judgement, for two whole weeks. Both the aggressor and the victim became profoundly uncomfortable by the silence at which I exerted. They began to wonder what lesson it was they were intended to learn.   They began to think slower, deeper, and finally when they learned the lesson of patience I was teaching, I made my decision.
Thu, Nov 17th 2022 03:54

I would like to ask Qetzel if he or his followers used psychic power at any point.
Sat, Feb 11th 2023 02:18

Oh, you'd love to know, wouldn't you?   To know if I had nudged minds in certain directions, to play with the inner thoughts of people?   Curious if I had ever read the thoughts of all those around me, in order to play them against each other like gamepieces only I controlled?   Yes, I'm sure you'd love to know.
Mon, May 22nd 2023 12:37

This one is for Old King Caed: though silence is sacred, what are the worthiest words one could speak? Are they words that you yourself have spoken?