Progress, Changes and Upcoming Features
World Anvil Progress and Upcoming Features
We are currently working on the core elements of the World Anvil.
While the basic functionality is there already, we a have a long way to go.
Advanced Article Relations
Subscribers & User Groups
Books & Chapters
Map and Markers
Help and Introduction
Image Gallery and Management
Basic Community Features
User Profile v.1.5
On Gender and Sex [enchancement]2018 02 17, 08:03 enhancement
The following changed have been made to the Character Template:
- Reversed the order of Mental / Physical Tab (so Mental shows first)
- Spllit Gender and Sexuality in two different sections
- Moved Biological Sex under Physical Description
Word counter for all Worldbuilders Guild members!2018 01 04, 07:59 enhancement
You asked for it! You got it! After the love that the WorldEmber word count received, I have been asked to allow counting of words for articles. So here you have it!
Older articles don't have a word count but once you resave them they will. All new articles will have a word count the first time you save them!
Usability enhancements2018 01 03, 18:51 enhancement
- New BBcode: Horizontal Line BBCode [hr]
- New easy-access link: Create timeline on Create dropdown
- Clicking on an image now takes you to that image's page and you can now see full size image when you click "View fullsize image"
- Category, Timeline, Image and Map icons for World Dashboard menu
Timelines v.2.0 Drop 42018 01 02, 13:33 new features
Timelines v.2.0 are now complete! Some extra features will be added in the days to come to refine some parts of the feature but these will be considered "generic enhancements"
- You can now Have ERAS in your timelines
- You can reset from Year 0 or Year 1 for each era
- You can Invert the dates into a timeline (based on the ending year of your Era)
- 4 New BBcodes are added to help you link to your Timelines and HIstorical entry pages
- Minor visual and technical enhancements on the previously release Timelines v.2.0 were also implemented
New BBcode examples: (You can find them ready made for you at the TImeline / history edit page top right panel)
[history:e70b3ffc-beaf-423f-b084-72bc5bae3147]Your title here[/history]
[timeline:9cff7aee-af6f-4eb8-a526-2d141933036e]Your title here[/timeline]
Minor Enhancements2017 12 29, 07:42 enhancement
- You can now Update the File of Uploaded Image
- You can now delete Calendars
- You can now display months and days with 0
- One digit hours on the timeline are now displayed as 03:00 and not 3:00
- I made mobile save changes area much smaller to allow for extra active space
- Geographic distribution and Average intelligence under species are not full text fields which allow for a far greater wordcount
Today I begin work on the last part of the Timelines which will allow the creation of Eras within each timeline.
Minor Enhancement2017 12 27, 10:46 enhancement
- Added an indicator of the Article status over the save button to indicate if the article is Draft or Published
- On private worlds the articles begin as Published, on Public worlds as Draft
New features and enhancements2017 12 24, 14:01 new features
It's Christmas time and most of you will be with family being jolly and opening presents. I found myself unable to sit on my bum and do nothing so I have coded a bit, which resulted into actually coding a lot! So, here are some new goodies for you:
- You can now add Metadata to each historical entry. Metadata are like secret/notes for the entry which only you and your co-authors if you are a guild member can see
- SVG files allowed are now allow to uploaded and used as imagery
- Show /Hide Article from Table of Contents.
All articles being with "Show in Table of Contents" checked but it can be disabled
Note: this feature is not meant to allow you to completely hide the article. You can still use it in articles and it will show in recent articles
- You can now mass edit articles from the articles list. You can set as draft, publish, Work in Progress or complete
- Historical entries now appear under search on presentation when using any tags attributed to them
Timeline entries now have an excerpt (previous content) and a Full text field. This will help you better expand on the histories of your worlds when this is required.
Excerpt appears on the timeline under the header and on search, full text apprears on the historical entry's dedicated page.