Schtu Temple of the Firstfruits

This temple is dedicated to Plange.

History

This church was financed by Len Minnsdt Schprua, in an effort to bring a more agricultural culture to his people. He deeded the property to the Firstfruits in 1310 and saw to the construction of the original wooden sanctuary in 1312.

In 1344, construction of the current stone sanctuary was begun. Upon its completion in 1350, the wooden sanctuary was converted to monastic cells. In 1347 an adjoining stone structure was constructed to house the permanent priesthood and provide office spaces for them. In 1386, a pair of stone granaries were added, which completed the temple as it exists today.

The temple was slightly damaged during the Long Quake of 1430, but the damage was superficial and did not degrade the integrity of the structures.

Founding Date
1312
Type
Temple / Church
Parent Location
Owning Organization

Comments

Please Login in order to comment!