Sat, May 25th 2024 05:08   Edited on Sun, May 26th 2024 01:20

Grid Iron Tutorship Offer

Howdy miss Senator, Ma'am!   My name's Cannonball Jones, callsign Flintlock. You probably heard of me, my team and I won the Grid Iron Galactic Championship in 5016 and again in 5024. We also fought in the last war you people had, although that was some pretty high-profile stuff, so you probably haven't heard about that.   Anyway, I saw you got a school or something that had some big Grid Iron tournament too, and those kids were pretty good! Most pilots these days don't know their Auto Stabilizers from their Siege Stabilizers, but it looks like you got a good stock there, so I figured I'd swing by and teach the new generation a thing or two about real mech combat! Took the last shuttle off Cerro Potosi, so I should get there in about a week. Actually I guess that would be like a month for you? Anyway, see you then!   Look forward to meeting you!
-Cannonball Jones a.k.a. Flintlock
5016 Grid Iron Champion
5024 Grid Iron Champion
Liberator's Shield Recipient
Marine Distinguished Service Medal Recipient
Sun, May 26th 2024 01:20

Greetings Mr. Flintlock, Your reputation precedes you! While I still need to clear this with Speaker Cesilie and the administrator of the Academy, I'm certain they'll welcome someone of your expertise and experience. As a visiting instructor and not a permanent member of staff, please understand you will likely not be given the full permissions and access our instructors are usually afforded. This is just a standard security precaution but as a celebrated former Union Operative, I'm sure you'll get more clearance swiftly.   I look forward to our meeting and to the doubtless improvement of our pilots.   -Sen. Jo Sannin